This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Detail of outcome
On 24 October 2013 we published a response about the decision to tunnel the HS2 Phase One route at Northolt and Bromford and the decision to re-issue safeguarding directions for the Phase One route to reflect these additional tunnels.
This documentation and decisions were issued at this time in order to provide certainty to property owners in these areas as soon as practicable.
On 25 November 2013 we published the decisions relating to the remaining 12 refinements in ‘The government response to the HS2 design refinement consultation’.
This consultation sought views on a number of proposed refinements to the Phase One line of route that were seen as beyond simple developments of the line of route proposed in January 2012
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
This consultation sought views on a number of proposed refinements to the Phase One line of route that were seen as beyond simple developments of the line of route proposed in January 2012.
The proposed refinements were to the following areas:
- Euston Station
- HS1 to HS2 link
- Northolt corridor
- Heathrow junctions
- Colne Valley viaduct
- Maintenance loop near Stoke Mandeville
- Calvert infrastructure maintenance depot
- Maintenance loop near Wormleighton
- Chelmsley Wood Curve
- Water Orton
- Washwood Heath
- Leeds junction (at Curdworth)
- Manchester junction (near Lichfield)
If you have any difficulties accessing this consultation please email:
Published: 16 May 2013
Updated: 25 November 2013
- 'The government response to the HS2 design refinement consultation' has been published.
- Government response on regarding decisions and Safeguarding Directions for Northolt and Bromford released.
- First published.