Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Department for Transport has now published a response to this consultation. We have also published new guidance on how to apply for the Inshore and inland lifeboat grant.
The government announced in the Budget 2014 that it would make available £5 million in grant funding to charities operating inland waterway safety boats. The funding will run over a 5 year period.
The Department for Transport is setting up and administering the grant scheme. To make sure that we get the process right, we’re seeking your views on the following:
- who can apply for funding
- how can we make sure we award the funding to those who can make best use of it
- whether the grant should be for capital items, operational costs or compensation for VAT/excise duty costs
- how can we make sure that the schemes that we award funding to are designed to be sustainable
- how we can make sure we get value for money
- what measurements should we use to evaluate applications
- whether grant awards should be accompanied by a commitment by the recipient
- how the grant funding should be distributed
- any other thoughts and comments you would like to provide