Future of Northern and TransPennine Express rail franchises
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This ‘Stakeholder briefing document’ for the Northern and TransPennine Express (TPE) rail franchise competitions summarises consultation responses received and features the government’s final response. The document provides a description of what has been included in the new invitations to tender (ITTs) for the Northern and TPE franchise competitions. It also sets out what this might mean for stakeholders when the new franchises begin in April 2016.
This consultation ran from
Seeks views on the rail franchises specifications to be provided for the TransPennine Express and Northern in February 2016.
Seeks views on the specification provided to bidders for the next TransPennine Express (TPE) and Northern rail franchises due in February 2016. The consultation is to:
- inform you of the planned process and timescales for awarding the TPE and Northern franchises
- provide background information about the current services and the context of the new franchises
- guide stakeholders and potential funders of the objectives and expectations for the franchises
- discuss the requirements included in the Rail Executive’s base case specifications and the options considered
- invite potential funders to notify Rail Executive of any changes
Department for Transport is running a number of events to help you find out more about this consultation.
A consultation event takes place at the Midlothian Room, City of Edinburgh Council on 25 June 2014 at 10.30am.
A consultation event takes place at the Committee Room A, County Hall, Lancashire County Council, Preston on 3 July 2014 at 10.30am.
A consultation event takes place at the George Hudson Room, West Offices, City of York Council on 9 July 2014 at 10.30am.
Drop-in events are being held at the:
- Manchester Piccadilly railway station on 3 July 2014
- Leeds railway station on 9 July 2014
- Newcastle Central railway station on 31 July 2014
between 4pm and 6pm.
PDF, 2.33MB, 86 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.