Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This ‘Stakeholder briefing document’ for the Northern and TransPennine Express (TPE) rail franchise competitions summarises consultation responses received and features the government’s final response. The document provides a description of what has been included in the new invitations to tender (ITTs) for the Northern and TPE franchise competitions. It also sets out what this might mean for stakeholders when the new franchises begin in April 2016.
Seeks views on the specification provided to bidders for the next TransPennine Express (TPE) and Northern rail franchises due in February 2016. The consultation is to:
- inform you of the planned process and timescales for awarding the TPE and Northern franchises
- provide background information about the current services and the context of the new franchises
- guide stakeholders and potential funders of the objectives and expectations for the franchises
- discuss the requirements included in the Rail Executive’s base case specifications and the options considered
- invite potential funders to notify Rail Executive of any changes
Department for Transport is running a number of events to help you find out more about this consultation.
A consultation event takes place at the Midlothian Room, City of Edinburgh Council on 25 June 2014 at 10.30am.
A consultation event takes place at the Committee Room A, County Hall, Lancashire County Council, Preston on 3 July 2014 at 10.30am.
A consultation event takes place at the George Hudson Room, West Offices, City of York Council on 9 July 2014 at 10.30am.
Drop-in events are being held at the:
- Manchester Piccadilly railway station on 3 July 2014
- Leeds railway station on 9 July 2014
- Newcastle Central railway station on 31 July 2014
between 4pm and 6pm.