Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The government produced this document to develop a discussion and accepted views on a new system of prioritising and funding for local major transport schemes. A new system, once in place, will enable construction to begin after the end of the current Spending Review period - 2014 to 2015.
- Guidance for Local Transport Bodies
- Devolving Local Major Transport Schemes: Next Step, written statement by Norman Baker, 18 September 2012
- More local decisions for transport schemes, press release, 18 September 2012
- Consultation on devolving local major transport schemes for the next Spending Review period - written ministerial statement by the Secretary of State for Transport, 31 January 2012
- Press release: Devolution of local transport, 31 January 2012