This consultation ran from to
We are seeking views on proposals for setting up an insolvency regime for further education institutions and sixth-form colleges.
This consultation seeks comments on the proposals to introduce procedures for further education and sixth-form colleges which become insolvent (unable to pay their debts). The proposals include a Special Administration Regime, giving extra protection to ensure continuity of service.
The insolvency regime would be designed to:
- protect learners from disruption to their courses
- help the rehabilitation of a college, where possible
- provide an orderly wind-up procedure if a college becomes insolvent
We are proposing insolvency procedures for colleges in line with those given to companies under the Insolvency Act 1986, including administration and liquidation.
The consultation will be of interest to:
- further education and sixth form colleges, their staff and students
- creditors of further education and sixth form colleges