Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We have analysed your feedback. Read the government response to the consultation.
This document sets out proposals for four of the five accelerated areas of the review:
- how litigators and advocates are paid for work on unused material (AGFS and LGFS)
- how advocates are paid for work on paper heavy cases (AGFS)
- how advocates are paid for cracked trials in the Crown Court (AGFS);
- how litigators are paid for work on sending cases to the Crown Court (LGFS)
- how litigators are paid for pre-charge engagement (crime lower).
How litigators are paid for pre-charge engagement will be consulted on at a later stage as any proposals are dependent on new guidelines from the AGO, currently the subject of a public consultation.
This consultation is aimed at anyone with an interest in remuneration through criminal legal aid fees schemes in England and Wales. This will include, but is not limited to, members of the criminal defence profession and their representative bodies, members of the judiciary, court staff, defendants, academics and others involved in the criminal justice system.