Detail of feedback received
As part of this consultation, we asked for views on a new government steer to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
We received 47 responses to question 21 regarding the strategic steer to the CMA, mainly from:
- trade bodies (10)
- consumer organisations (10)
- businesses (10)
We have published here a summary of responses to that particular question. The final version of the steer is available in this document, Annex A. We have also published the strategic steer as a separate document.
This consultation seeks views on:
- getting consumers better deals and better service in utilities markets
- helping consumers benefit from their data and remain protected when they buy and sell online
- how to improve the system of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- how to support local and national enforcers to work together to protect consumers
We welcome input from business and investors, consumer groups and consumers.
We have additionally published the following research which assesses the impact and effectiveness of ADR and the court system in resolving consumer disputes with traders: