Consultation on a Public Sector Exit Payment Cap
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This document summarises all the responses to the consultation on public sector exit charges.
This consultation ran from
Consulting on proposed legislation for a £95,000 total value on exit payments in public sector employment.
PDF, 136KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This consultation seeks views on a proposal to legislate for a £95,000 cap on the total value of exit payments made to an individual in relation to their exit from public sector employment.
We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- bodies within the scope of this policy
- public Sector Employers and their representative bodies
- employees and their representative bodies
- members of the academic community with expertise in this area
- pay, Pension, remuneration and HR professionals in both the private and public sectors
- anyone else who may be impacted by this consultation
Published: 31 July 2015
Updated: 7 March 2016
- updated draft regulations with minor changes, including a footnote to clarify an instance where a power to relax the £95,000 cap can be used
- Updated with draft regulations
- Responses added
- First published.