Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Having taken into account the responses to the consultation, we have decided that we will add the following questions to the annual return for 2015:
- In the reporting period, how much income did you receive from:
- contracts from central or local government to deliver services
- grants from central or local government?
- Does your charity have a policy on paying its staff?
- Has your charity reviewed its financial controls during the reporting period?
Currently, only charities with incomes of £500,000 and above need to provide detailed financial information in their annual returns.
This consultation is on the Charity Commission’s proposal to collect additional financial information from charities with incomes between £10,000 and £500,000 (and all CIOs regardless of income) from 2015.
This additional information will:
- increase the accountability and transparency of charities
- support the commission’s regulatory work