We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
The government wants your views on the draft regulations that will change the Medical Profession (Responsible Officer) Regulations 2010.
A previous consultation considered the role of the responsible officer in 3 particular areas:
- the new structures in health
- the new structures in public health
- checking the language competence of doctors
This consultation summarises the responses received and, taking these into consideration, sets out the changes we intend to make in each area, including:
- changes to reflect the changes to the NHS
- changes in the structures for public health
- a clarification of responsible officers functions in respect of language checking
- details of additions to the list of designated bodies
- changes for postgraduate trainees