Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This response outlines the department’s intended approach for the Authority to be funded by a fee raised from the regulatory bodies it oversees.
The final regulations that allow PSA’s funding change will be published in due course on the UK Parliament website.
The Professional Standards Authority (PSA) is currently funded by the Department of Health and the devolved administrations.
The department is seeking views on proposals to allow the PSA to be funded by fees paid by the 9 healthcare professional regulatory bodies it oversees including its future fee structure.
The PSA oversees the UK’s 9 health and care professional regulatory bodies:
- General Chiropractic Council
- General Dental Council
- General Medical Council
- General Optical Council
- General Osteopathic Council
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Health and Care Professions Council
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland