Assisted Areas Map 2014 to 2020: stage 2
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Part of:
- European funds, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and Enterprise Zones, and UK economic growth
- 18 December 2013
- Last updated:
- 1 July 2014, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
Ref: BIS/14/701 PDF, 664KB, 24 pages
Ref: BIS/14/768 MS Excel Spreadsheet, 337KB
Detail of outcome
The government response to the stage 2 consultation includes the Assisted Areas Map for 2014 to 2020, as notified to the European Commission. Drawn using a balanced, evidence-based approach to allocating the UK’s population coverage, the map shows opportunities to increase growth in less advantaged local economies.
Search for locations in Great Britain that are in Assisted Areas using this interactive map. All Northern Ireland has Assisted Areas status.
The map was approved by the European Commission on 21 May 2014, and became operational in the UK on 1 July 2014. More details can be found on State aid under horizontal measures.
This consultation ran from
Seeks views on the draft Assisted Areas Map, following the government’s response to stage 1 of this consultation.
We have provided an interactive map of the draft 2014 to 2020 UK Assisted Areas Map, which you can use to respond online to this consultation. A user guide is attached above.
See the current map of Assisted Areas in Great Britain 2007 to 2013.
On 31 July 2013, the government launched a first stage consultation on updating the Assisted Areas Map for 2014 to 2020, in response to new European Commission guidelines on regional aid. Assisted Areas are those areas where regional aid can be offered to undertakings, typically businesses, under state aid rules.
The second stage consultation document on the draft proposal for a new Assisted Areas Map for the period 2014 to 2020 also sets out the government’s response to the first stage consultation.
The purpose of the second stage consultation is to seek views on the draft Assisted Areas Map, taking into consideration the government’s response to the first stage consultation, and the need to comply with the Commission’s regional aid guidelines.
2014 to 2020 Assisted Areas Map: consultation stage 2 - draft Assisted Areas Map and government’s response to stage 1
Ref: BIS/13/962 PDF, 2.03MB, 109 pages
Ref: BIS/13/1363 PDF, 1.05MB, 12 pages
Published: 18 December 2013
Updated: 1 July 2014
- Assisted Areas Map 2014 - 2020 approved by the European Commission on 21 May 2014, and became operational in the UK on 1 July 2014
- Updated list of UK Assisted Areas added.
- European Commission confirmed list of UK Assisted Areas 2014 to 2020 spreadsheet published.
- Added images of the 2014 to 2020 UK Assisted Areas Map.
- Government response to stage 2 consultation, and the 2014 to 2020 UK Assisted Areas Map, published under final outcome.
- First published.