Detail of outcome
Monitor and NHS England published the National tariff payment system for 2014/15, including guidance on local modifications, on 17 December 2013.
Detail of feedback received
This document is a summary of responses.
On the whole, respondents agreed with the proposed high-level methodological framework:
- the preference for agreements between commissioners and providers
- the long-term toolkit
- the transitional arrangements
Concern was expressed about the ability of commissioners to fund local modifications without affecting their ability to fund other services.
This consultation ran from to
Your views are needed on a proposed methodology for agreeing increases to national prices for NHS-funded services.
Monitor welcomes comments on this report. In particular, your views are needed on:
- the criteria for a good framework, which are set out in the introduction to the report
- whether local modifications should be arrived at by negotiation and agreement between NHS commissioners and providers
- using the ‘whole provider’ analysis during a transition period
- the proposed components of the ‘long-term toolkit’
- whether Monitor should rely on a complaints system, rather than monitoring providers’ compliance with the conditions of a local modification
- the practicality of implementing the different parts of the framework