Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The majority of respondents to our consultation supported our proposals:
- for a single inspection of all voluntary adoption agencies, irrespective of the number of premises used
- to reduce the notice period for the inspection of voluntary adoption agencies from 10 working days to 2 working days.
The new approach to inspecting voluntary adoption agencies will start from April 2018.
This report gives a summary of the responses to the consultation and the changes that are being made. It also sets out what was learned from the pilot inspections that were undertaken to test out the single inspection model and reduced notice period.
This consultation seeks your views on proposed changes to the inspection of voluntary adoption agencies.
We propose that:
- all voluntary adoption agencies will receive one inspection in a 3-year period and one overall judgement irrespective of the number of premises they use
- the notice period for the inspection of voluntary adoption agencies is reduced from 10 working days to 2 working days
The consultation document and questionnaire
The consultation questionnaire can be found at the end of the consultation document. The document is available in 2 formats:
- the Word version of the questionnaire can be filled in by hand or on your computer
- the PDF version of the questionnaire can be filled in by hand
You can also download the consultation document in either format and then complete the online questionnaire.