The work we carry out at the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) involves processing personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR applies from 25 May 2018 when it replaces the Data Protection Act 1998.
If we ask you for personal information we will:
- make sure you know why we need this information
- only ask for information that we need
- ensure only those appropriate have access to it
- store your information securely
- inform you if the information will be shared with a third party
- only keep your information for as long as we need to
Giving consent to e-results
When you are applying for a DBS check, you will also need to give consent if you are happy for the Responsible Organisation or Registered Body to receive an electronic result.