The retail sector is one of the most important parts of the UK economy. The Department for International Trade (DIT) is helping the UK retail sector do more business internationally. This includes supporting UK omni-channel retailers and consumer brands to:
- increase their presence in overseas markets
- overcome difficulties in getting their goods in to markets
- develop their product supply chains
If you are interested in exporting your goods contact a DIT trade adviser for a free consultation.
Register for events
Register your interest for international missions in some of the world’s fastest growing and most lucrative markets for retail and luxury brands.
We’d like to hear from companies in the retail or luxury sector that want to grow their business overseas. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out about other DIT services for exporters.
Use digital to support your export plans
DIT can help retail and consumer brands succeed by improving their digital capabilities. This includes demonstrating to UK retailers and brands how they can use online channels such as e-marketplaces to export their goods worldwide. This support is available online and face-to-face with your local International Trade Advisor through the e-exporting programme.
DIT can help you:
- identify new and emerging e-marketplaces around the world
- optimise digital marketing opportunities to extend your brand reach
- create a seamless, multi-channel approach through all available shopping channels