Register to vote (paper forms)

You'll be able to register to vote if you're a British, Irish or European Union citizen, or a Commonwealth citizen who has leave to enter or remain in the UK, or who does not require such leave.

Other ways to register

You can register to vote online.

Alternatively, you can contact your local Electoral Registration Office and ask them to post a form to you. You’ll then need to return the completed form to your local Electoral Registration Office.

Registering in Northern Ireland

You’ll need to use different forms if you live in Northern Ireland.

Paper forms

Published 29 April 2015
Last updated 6 November 2018 + show all updates
  1. Updated summary.
  2. Callout added to explain that you can no longer register to vote for the May 3rd elections.
  3. First published.