You can register to vote if you’re:
- homeless or have no fixed address
- a person who has been remanded in custody, but you have not yet been convicted of any offence
- a patient in a mental health hospital.
How to register to vote
To register, you need to give an address where you would be living if it were not for your current situation or an address where you have lived in the past. If you are homeless, you can give details of where you spend a substantial part of your time.
- Fill in this electoral registration form.
- Make sure you sign the declaration.
- Return your completed form to your Electoral Registration Officer. You can find their address at www.aboutmyvote.co.uk.