Register of apprenticeship training providers
This series brings together documents relating to becoming an apprenticeship training provider.
From May 2017, levied employers will be able to choose a provider from a new register, the register of apprenticeship training providers (RoATP). The register will encourage diversity and competition in the provider market, supporting quality and employer choice.
The register reforms are central to the broader apprenticeship reforms being introduced to drive up the quality and quantity of apprenticeships. By introducing higher quality requirements for providers, we aim to improve the quality of the offer available to employers. The register of apprenticeship training providers will give employers a level of assurance that the providers they are using have the capacity and capability to delivery good quality apprenticeship training.
Overall, employers welcomed our more robust approach to quality and the focus on employer engagement, and the main proposals on the structure and scope of the register were supported. However, some wider raised concerns with the pace of change, and we have reflected this feedback in our final policy.
There are 3 application routes to the register of apprenticeship training providers which vary depending on how you wish to operate as a provider of apprenticeship training and who you wish to deliver to. If you are interested in applying you must apply through one of the application routes:
main route: eligible for selection by levied employers to deliver apprenticeship training, or selection by another main provider to work as a subcontractor
supporting route: entry route to the apprenticeship market for organisations that offer a specialism, and providers who only want to deliver as a subcontractor
employer-provider route: employers who want to provide training to their own staff. They will have the flexibility to lead their own programme, or act as a subcontractor to their appointed main provider
The application process to enter the register of apprenticeship training providers (RoATP) requires an organisation to take the following steps:
- Review our application instruction document to see if register of apprenticeship training providers is right for them to apply to and determine the appropriate application route to apply to.
- Review our register of apprenticeship training providers financial health self-assessment toolkit to establish if they are financially sound.
- Review our register of apprenticeship training providers e-tendering support guidance to help with access to the questions on our e-tendering portal.
- Submit an application through the e-tendering portal before the application deadline.
Published: 25 October 2016
Updated: 26 October 2016
- Added link to the contracts finder service.
- Added the register of apprenticeship training providers: application instructions and e-tendering portal guidance.
- First published.