The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps UK companies involved in the mining and construction equipment sectors export overseas.
UK companies deliver solutions across the mining lifecycle, from initial scoping studies through all phases of feasibility and detailed mine design, and ultimately construction and operation.
The UK is the leading global source of mining finance, providing liquidity for all sizes of projects and operations. Support is delivered by a broad range of professional services and consulting organisations that work to recognised global standards.
The UK’s construction equipment sector produces innovative products with around 75% of the output sold overseas, contributing £11 billion per annum to the UK economy.
How DIT can help
We help companies:
- increase their presence in overseas markets
- overcome difficulties getting in to markets
- develop supply chain opportunities
- find partners to meet local content requirements
- partner internationally in technology innovation
We do this by:
- developing relationships with project owners, operators and governments to understand their procurement requirements and facilitate access for UK companies
- promoting the UK capability through DIT’s overseas networks in British embassies and High Commissions and the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoys and Business Ambassadors
- providing information and support to the UK mining and construction equipment supply chain
- working with relevant industry bodies to secure the maximum opportunity for the UK’s extensive mining supply chain
We’d like to hear from companies in the mining and construction equipment sectors wanting to grow their business overseas. Sign up and meet with a trade adviser
Find out about DIT services for exporters.
Mining and construction equipment events and activities
Register your interest to attend UKTI mining and construction equipment events, including exhibitions, missions and webinars.
Accessing export opportunities
UKTI provides free international export sales leads from its worldwide network. Search for mining export opportunities.
UKTI’s High Value Opportunity programme (HVO) includes a number of international mining and mining related opportunities which offer significant export opportunities for UK companies.
There are around 120 mining projects globally where a feasibility study has been completed and where development spend will exceed $1 billion. These projects offer huge opportunities for UK companies across the global mining supply chain.
There are HVO opportunities in a number of markets:
- Botswana and Namibia
- West Africa
You may need some form of credit guarantee or insurance to protect you against non-payment or other financial issues in certain markets. UK Export Finance (UKEF) can provide extra capital to finance large projects and help grow business.
Consult with a UKEF export finance adviser to find out about trade finance and insurance support.
Watch UKEF’s video where Robert Winter, Director of Financial Solutions at JCB, describes how UKEF has helped them export to markets where commercial insurance is difficult.
Find information on trade associations involved in the mining and construction equipment sectors on the Trade Association Forum.