This collection brings together the Insolvency Service's official statistics and provides details of the information published, including the release schedule
The Insolvency Service has four regular statistical publications:
- Insolvency Statistics (quarterly National Statistics release)
- Insolvency Service Enforcement Outcomes (monthly)
- Insolvency demographics (annual)
- Individual voluntary arrangement outcomes and providers (annual)
- 020 7637 6504
- 020 7674 6910
- 020 7596 6187
Statistics published before 2014 (National Archives website)
The Accountant in Bankruptcy produces quarterly Official Statistics on company and individual insolvencies in Scotland, some of which are incorporated into the Insolvency Service’s quarterly Insolvency Statistics publication.
Companies House produces quarterly statistics on corporate insolvencies and dissolutions. It also produces annual statistics on the number of directors disqualified.
The Office for National Statistics produces annual statistics on business deaths in its Business Demography publication. These statistics relate to all registered businesses, whereas Insolvency Statistics relate to companies on the Companies House register.
The Ministry of Justice produces quarterly National Statistics on civil court insolvency petitions.
Policy and procedures
- Corporate report
- Transparency data
- Transparency data
Published: 14 July 2014
Updated: 10 February 2017
- Insolvency Service Enforcement Outcomes Monthly data tables: January 2017 have been added.
- New statistics released
- Regional statistics added for 2015
- Monthly enforcement data tables have been added for October
- Insolvency Statistics July to September 2016
- September tables added
- Insolvency Service Enforcement Outcomes Monthly data tables for August added
- Insolvency Service Enforcement Outcomes Monthly data tables: July 2016 added
- Quarterly statistics - April to June 2016 have been added.
- Individual Insolvencies by location, age and gender, England and Wales 2015 has been added
- New documents added
- Insolvency Service Enforcement Outcomes (Experimental Statistics): July to September 2015, were added.
- Enforcement outcomes April to June 2015 published
- Added note on forthcoming change to statistical methods
- April to June official statistics added
- User engagement feedback added
- Added Insolvency Statistics: Methodology Consultation
- Minor textual changes, adding reference to experimental enforcement statistics.
- Insolvency Statistics: January to March 2015
- Statistics for October to December 2014 (Q4) have been added
- First published.
From: The Insolvency Service