The UK environment sector has world-leading capabilities in the provision of solutions to environmental problems. UK companies can provide a unique combination of traditional industrial expertise and scientific excellence, combined with strong innovative approaches to technology, policy and regulation.
The global market for environmental services knowledge and capability will grow substantially in coming years due to:
- climate change
- need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- increasing urbanisation and need to create sustainable city environments
- increasing need for waste management and conversion of waste to energy
- need to manage physical environment and reduce air, land and sea pollution
These changes will impact all countries around the world, offering huge opportunities for UK companies operating in the low carbon and environment sector.
DIT help for companies
We help UK companies:
- exhibit at major international trade fairs
- attend our workshops and seminars
- take part in our trade missions
- overcome challenges of doing business in overseas markets
- meet key decision makers and potential partners
We do this by:
- working with the main industry bodies and stakeholders
- promoting the UK’s environment sector overseas
- helping to develop the UK’s supply chain by working with the sector
- making it easier for companies to access overseas markets
- bringing major overseas opportunities to the attention of UK companies
We’d like to hear from companies in the environment sector who want to grow their business overseas. Contact our environment team.
Find out about other DIT services for exporters.
Register for DIT events
Register your interest to attend seminars, trade shows and international missions where you can:
- network with potential overseas customers
- demonstrate technologies and products to an international audience
- meet face to face with DIT advisers
The Department for International Trade (DIT) provides free international export sales leads from its worldwide network. Find environment export opportunities.
You may need some form of credit guarantee or insurance to protect you against non-payment or other financial issues in certain markets. UK Export Finance (UKEF) can provide extra capital to finance large projects and help grow business.
Guide for exporters seeking trade finance and insurance solutions
You can find rail sector trade associations on the Trade Association Forum.