Cyber security is one of the UK’s most exciting sectors. UK companies, from major consultancies and telecoms providers to innovative Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs), are seeing increasing global demand for their products and solutions. Main markets include North America, Europe and Asia.
The UK Cyber Security industry is worth over £22 billion per year to the UK economy, growing at around 10% per year and employing over 100,000 professionals.
The global export market is assessed at £33 billion and UK cyber security exports in 2015 were £1.84 billion, up 25% from 2014.
Conrad Prince: UK Cyber Ambassador
Watch Conrad Prince, UK Cyber Ambassador, talk about the UK cyber security industry.
Cyber Growth Partnership (CGP)
The CGP is composed of representatives from UK industry, government and academia; working in partnership to promote and create opportunities for UK cyber security companies.
The CGP Exchange portal provides a focal point for cyber security businesses to engage, connect and collaborate and for non-cyber businesses to better understand cyber security and how to protect their business.
Cyber Demonstration Centre
The UK Cyber Demonstration Centre provides the ideal location for the UK cyber security sector to showcase their products and services, and to help UK companies win more business overseas.
How DIT DSO can help
Department for International Trade Defence and Security Organisation (DIT DSO) helps cyber security organisations do more business internationally.
We help UK companies to:
- increase their presence in overseas markets
- overcome difficulties in getting into markets
- develop supply chain opportunities
- partner internationally in technology development
- promote opportunities arising from prime contractor’s supply chains, ideally at pre-bidding stage
We do this by:
- promoting the industry through trade envoys
- promoting global export opportunities
- working to match UK capability with opportunities
- organising bespoke trade missions and other events helping companies to come into direct contact with buyers overseas
- giving advice on particular overseas markets
We would like to hear from companies in the cyber industry wanting to grow their business overseas. Get in touch email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ncsc.gov.uk/marketplace.
Department for International Trade (DIT) provides free international export sales leads from its worldwide network. Find cyber security export opportunities.
DIT DSO and CGP run many overseas events.
GeoLang: Cyber Security Case Study
Debbie Garside, Chief Executive Office of GeoLang, discusses how collaboration between government and industry helped in their export journey.