This series brings together all documents relating to aviation statistics
The aviation statistics series provides information on the following topics:
- activity at UK airports, including number of flights, passengers and volume of freight handled; punctuality at and mode of travel to selected airports are also given
- activity by UK airlines, including distance flown, passengers uplifted, seat occupancy, fleet size and employment
- summary statistics for major international airports and airlines
- casualties caused by aviation and air proximity incidents
- public attitudes to aviation and airport expansion
- passenger experience of air travel, including security screening
Most of these statistics are collected by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and other organisations external to the Department for Transport.
All the results in the aviation statistics series are outside the scope of National Statistics. The majority of tables are updated annually but data on public attitudes to aviation are collected and published on an ad hoc basis.
Statistics on emissions from aviation are available under the energy and the environment series.
This section provides technical information, notes and guidance relating to aviation statistics
All of the statistics published in this series are Official Statistics. The department’s view is that all statistics which are not designated as National Statistics are robust and have been produced to a suitable standard.
Pre-release access list
The post holders given access to these statistics up to 24 hours prior to release are available in the pre-release access list.
Aviation Statistics enquiries
Public enquiries 020 7944 3088
Publications released during 2013
- 19 June 2013
Publications released during 2012
- 21 June 2012
Publications released during 2010
- 29 July 2010