Get a refund or a rebate on your business rates

You can apply for a full refund or partial repayment (sometimes called a ‘rebate’) of your business rates.

You can do this if, for example:

  • your business moved but your bank payment wasn’t cancelled
  • your rates have been reduced but you’ve been charged the wrong amount

You must request a refund or rebate through your council.

You can check your business rates and appeal them if you think you’re paying too much.