Get a copy of military service records

Skip to contents of guide

Apply for your own records

You can apply for your own records if you are, or have been, a member of the armed forces, for example the Royal Navy (including Royal Marines), British Army or Royal Air Force.

Download and fill in a request for your own records (PDF, 64KB). Send it to the address on the form, along with any supporting documents. There’s no fee.

Use this form if you’re acting on behalf of the person, for example if you have lasting power of attorney.