Make an HACCP food plan
If you run a food business, you must have a plan based on the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles.
The HACCP plan keeps your food safe from biological, chemical and physical food safety hazards. To make a plan you must:
- identify any hazards that must be avoided, removed or reduced
- identify the critical control points (CCPs) - the points when you need to prevent, remove or reduce a hazard in your work process
- set limits for the CCPs
- make sure you monitor the CCPs
- put things right if there is a problem with a CCP
- put checks in place to make sure your plan is working
- keep records
You might be inspected, and the inspector will need to see your records.
You can get detailed advice on food safety management based on HACCP.