2. Buy a rod fishing licence
You can buy a 1-day, 8-day or 12-month licence online.
- a debit or credit card
- your Blue Badge or National Insurance number, if you have a disability and you’re applying for a 12-month licence
- the other person’s details (such as date of birth), if you’re buying for someone else
You can use the online service to get a junior licence for children aged 12 to 16. You won’t need to pay.
This licence can start on any date as long as it’s within 90 days of the day you buy it.
You can also buy a licence:
- by calling the Environment Agency on 0344 800 5386 between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday (find out about call charges)
- in person at a Post Office - if the licence is for someone over 16
Contact the Environment Agency if you haven’t received your 12-month licence within 10 working days.
|Licence type||Trout and coarse 2-rod||Trout and coarse 3-rod||Salmon and sea trout|
|12-month - over 65 or disabled||£20||£30||£54|
|12-month - junior (12 to 16)||Free||Free||Free|
You can get a 12-month disabled person’s licence if you’ve got a Blue Badge, or you get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (any rate) - you’ll need your National Insurance number to prove this.
You can also get a discounted 12-month licence if you’re over 65. You can’t get a discount for a 1-day or an 8-day licence.
Extend a licence
To change a 1-day or 8-day licence to a 12-month licence, call the Environment Agency within 14 days of buying it. You’ll need to buy a new licence but you’ll get a refund for the first one you bought.
Telephone: 0344 800 5386
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges
Replace a licence or update your details
Contact the Environment Agency:
- if you have questions about your licence
- to replace a licence
- to update your details if you’ve changed your name or address
National Customer Contact Centre
Bradmarsh Business Park
Bow Bridge Close