2. Buy a rod fishing licence
You can buy a 1-day, 8-day or 12-month licence online.
- a debit or credit card
- your Blue Badge or National Insurance number, if you have a disability
- the other person’s details (such as date of birth), if you’re buying for someone else
You can use the online service to get a junior licence for children aged 12 to 16. You won’t need to pay.
This licence can start on any date as long as it’s within 90 days of the day you buy it.
You can also buy a licence:
- by calling the Environment Agency (EA) on 0344 800 5386 between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday (find out about call charges)
- in person at a Post Office - if the licence is for someone over 16
Contact EA if you haven’t received your 12-month licence within 10 working days.
|Licence type||Trout and coarse 2-rod||Trout and coarse 3-rod||Salmon and sea trout|
|12-month - over 65 or disabled||£20||£30||£54|
|12-month - junior (12 to 16)||Free||Free||Free|
You can get a disabled person’s licence if you’ve got a Blue Badge, or you get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (any rate) - you’ll need your National Insurance number to prove this.
Change or replace a licence
Contact the Environment Agency:
- if you have questions about your licence
- to replace a licence
- to update your details if you’ve changed your name or address
National Customer Contact Centre
Bradmarsh Business Park
Bow Bridge Close