Electrical waste: retailer and distributor responsibilities

Skip to contents of guide

Set up an alternative take back service

You can set up a ‘designated collection facility’ (DCF) where your customers can take all types of electrical and electronic waste.

You can do this on your own or with other distributors.

You must follow the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) regulations, other waste management legislation and local planning requirements when managing a DCF.

You must agree with a producer compliance scheme (PCS) to return the electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) direct to an Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF).