Help if you're a student with a learning difficulty, health problem or disability

How to apply

How you apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) depends on whether you’re studying full-time or part-time.

Full-time students

If you’ve already applied for student finance

Log in to your student finance account to start your DSAs application.

The application for DSAs should be on your ‘to-do list’. If it isn’t, select ‘change your circumstances’ to apply.

If you don’t have an online account because you applied for student finance by post, use the DSAs paper application form.

If you haven’t applied for student finance

You can apply for DSAs when you apply for student finance online.

If you don’t need student finance, you can apply just for DSAs by filling in the DSAs paper application form.

You can’t apply for student finance online once you’ve applied for DSAs.

Part-time students

Apply using the DSAs paper application form. You can’t apply online.

If you’re already getting DSAs

Claim back your expenses using the DSAs paper application form.

How long it takes

You’ll get confirmation of whether your application is successful within 6 weeks.

It can take up to 14 weeks to get your DSAs support in place as this is done separately.