Apply for a derivative residence card

Get a replacement derivative residence card

If your derivative residence card gets lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, you’ll need to apply again.

If you’re outside the UK

You’ll have to apply for an EEA family permit if you’ve lost your card outside the UK, or you’ve forgotten to take it with you. You can then apply for your new card when you’re back in the UK.

If your passport has expired

You can’t transfer your card to a new passport. When your passport expires, you should apply for a new derivative residence card.

You can still use your existing card, but when you use it you must also show both:

  • your new passport
  • your old passport, if it includes your derivative residence card

You’ll need to apply for a new derivative residence card when it expires.