How much will be paid
£170 per tree.
Where to use this item
Available for Higher Tier
- install a tree guard in accordance with the specification agreed with Natural England
- provide sufficient clearance so that grazing animals cannot reach the stem of the tree
- fasten guards to the tree itself
- allow guards to rub against, constrict, or cause damage to the tree
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
- a detailed specification if required
Applicants will have to send the following with their application:
- photographs of the trees to be guarded
- item specification if required
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this item
The following section gives advice on carrying out this item successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this item.
Using tree guards
Use metal tree guards to protect standard trees from vandalism, mowing, livestock and wild animals in parkland and areas with public access.
Use guards traditional to the area.
This item cannot be used to replace existing guards to maintain the parkland’s character.