FM1: Management of geodiversity features
Find out about eligibility and requirements for the management of geodiversity features item.
How much will be paid
Up to 100% of actual costs.
Where to use this item
Available for Higher Tier.
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) where land management options are included in the agreement
How this item will benefit the environment
If successful this item will ensure sensitive geological features are managed positively and protected from damage.
Agreement holders are likely to need to:
- agree a specification for the works with Natural England in year 1 of the agreement
- get at least 3 written quotations for completion of the work, identifying associated costs, and agree the selected quotation with NE
- complete the works as set out in the approved specification and within the agreed timescale
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is not available
- photographs of the completed work
Applicants are likely to have to send the following with their application:
- the 3 quotes for completion of the work
- photograph before works commence
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.
Advice and suggestions for how to carry out this item
The following section gives advice on carrying out this item successfully but does not form part of the requirements for this item.
Use this item to:
- protect sensitive geological features and to remove geological material at risk
- conserve geological features by removing trees, scrub, scree, spoil and other items from exposures
- control access to geological features
See the Higher Tier manual to find out more about the scheme and how to apply.
Published: 2 April 2015
Updated: 10 March 2017
- Updated for 2017 applications.
- Information updated for applications in 2016.
- Update to 'keeping records' section.
- First published.