The CMA investigated the completed acquisition by Xchanging Holdings Limited and Xchanging, Inc. of certain companies of Agencyport Software Group.
- Published on 19 December 2014, as required by Rule 7 of the Competition and Markets Authority Rules of Procedure for Merger, Market and Special Reference Groups. Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|Phase 2 date||Action|
|24 May 2015||Statutory deadline|
|29 April 2015||Final report published|
|Late April 2015||Final deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions|
|Early April 2015||Consider possible remedies and response hearing(s) (if required)|
|24 March 2015||Provisional findings report published|
|Early March 2015||Deadline for all parties’ responses/submissions required before provisional findings|
|February/March 2015||Main party hearing, verify information, consider provisional findings|
|13 January 2015||Statement of issues published|
|December/January 2015||Gather information, issue questionnaires, hear third parties|
|8 December 2014||Merger reference made|
- Final report (29.4.15)
- Appendices and Glossary (220.127.116.11)
- Press release: CMA formally clears specialist insurance merger (18.104.22.168)
Response to provisional findings
- Xchanging/Agencyport (20.4.15)
24 March 2015: The CMA has provisionally cleared the completed acquisition by Xchanging plc of certain companies comprising all of the European operations of Agencyport Software Group.
- Notice of provisional findings (24.3.15)
- Provisional findings report (PDF, 1Mb) (24.3.15)
- Appendices and Glossary (24.3.15)
- Press release: CMA provisionally clears specialist insurance merger (24.3.15)
The publication of the evidence of any party on the CMA’s webpages does not indicate in any way endorsement by the CMA of the views expressed in the evidence or acceptance of that evidence. Publication in this way is designed to assist public understanding of the issues.
As part of its evidence-gathering process, the CMA is holding hearings with a range of industry customers and interested parties.
- CSC (2.3.15)
- Sequel Business Solutions (2.3.15)
- Athito (19.2.15)
- Eurobase (19.2.15)
- Composite summary of customer calls (18.2.15)
- NIIT Insurance Technologies (18.2.15)
The CMA’s merger inquiry is independent and welcomes submissions from all interested parties.
- Xchanging/Agencyport (4.2.15)
13 January 2015: The issues statement sets out the scope of the investigation. It outlines initial theories on what might be adversely affecting competition, but it does not set out findings or conclusions.
- Issues statement (13.1.15)
- News story: CMA publishes statement of issues over Xchanging acquisition of Agencyport (13.1.15)
Direction to appoint monitoring trustee
30 December 2014: The CMA has directed Xchanging plc, Xchanging Holdings Limited and Xchanging, Inc., pursuant to the initial enforcement order dated 30 September, to appoint a monitoring trustee.
- Notice of direction (30.12.14)
Inquiry group appointed
12 December 2014: The CMA has appointed the inquiry group.
Terms of reference
8 December 2014: The CMA has referred the completed acquisition by Xchanging of certain companies of Agencyport for an in-depth phase 2 investigation.
- Terms of reference (8.12.14)
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|13 January 2015||Decision published|
|8 December 2014||Reference decision announced|
|2 December 2014||Decision announced|
|1 to 15 October 2014||Invitation to comment|
|10 October 2014||Launch of merger inquiry|
|30 September 2014||Initial enforcement order made|
Reference unless undertakings accepted
- Press release: Specialist insurance software merger may raise competition concerns (2.12.14)
- Full text decision (13.1.15)
Launch of CMA merger inquiry
10 October 2014: The CMA launched its merger inquiry following receipt of a satisfactory submission.
Initial enforcement order
- Initial enforcement order (30.09.14)