Energy price control appeal: Northern Powergrid
- Competition and Markets Authority
- 23 March 2015
- Last updated:
- 29 September 2015, see all updates
- 2 March 2015
- 29 September 2015
- Case type:
- Regulatory references and appeals
- Case state:
- Market sector:
- Regulatory references and appeals - final determination
The CMA has published its final determination in Northern Powergrid’s appeal against Ofgem's price control for electricity distribution companies.
- Published on 9 April 2015 as required by Rule 13 of the Competition Commission Energy Licence Modification Appeals Rules (CC14) as adopted by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA). Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|30 September 2015||Statutory deadline for final determination|
|July/August 2015||Publish submissions|
|July 2015||Notify provisional determination|
|June 2015||Considering submissions and representations before provisional determination|
|May/June 2015||Hearings with main parties|
|22 April 2015||Deadline for Ofgem and third party responses to notice of appeal|
|April 2015||Considering and notifying possible directions|
|April 2015||Appeal management conferences|
|30 March 2015||Permission to appeal granted|
|16 March 2015||Deadline for Ofgem’s submissions on application|
|2 March 2015||Appeal notified|
29 September 2015: The CMA has published its final determination in Northern Powergrid’s appeal against Ofgem’s price control decision for electricity distribution network operators (DNOs).
- Final determination report (PDF, 2Mb) (29.9.15)
- Order of the CMA (29.9.15)
- Annex to Order of the CMA (Excel, 1Mb) (29.9.15)
- Press release: CMA publishes final determinations on electricity distribution appeals (29.9.15)
The submissions below were published on 7 August 2015.
Northern Powergrid’s reply to responses to the notice of appeal
- Northern Powergrid (PDF, 1.8Mb) (7.5.15)
Responses to the notice of appeal
- The Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (PDF, 2.1Mb) (22.4.15)
- British Gas Trading Ltd (PDF, 1.9Mb) (22.4.15)
- Citizens Advice (22.4.15)
Appeal group appointed
31 March 2015: The CMA has appointed a group of panel members to determine the appeal.
Permission to appeal granted
30 March 2015: The CMA has granted permission to Northern Powergrid (Northeast and Yorkshire) to appeal against Ofgem’s RIIO-ED1 price control decision for electricity distribution companies.
- Permission to appeal decision (30.3.15)
- News story: CMA grants permission for electricity distribution network price controls appeals (30.3.15)
Appeal notifications received
The CMA has received a notice of appeal from Northern Powergrid seeking to appeal against the modification to its licences.
- Notice of appeal (2.3.15)
- News story: CMA receives two appeal applications over electricity distribution network price controls (4.3.15)
- CMA note to third parties (10.3.15)
- CMA note to third parties (19.3.15)
Published: 23 March 2015
Updated: 29 September 2015
Opened: 2 March 2015
Closed: 29 September 2015
- Final determination published.
- Submissions published.
- Timetable updated.
- Administrative timetable updated.
- Administrative timetable added.
- Appeal group appointed.
- Permission to appeal decision published.
- First published.
Case type: Regulatory references and appeals
Case state: Closed
Market sector: Utilities