The CMA reviewed the Credit Cards (Merchant Acquisition) Order 1990.
|15 November 2015||Final decision published|
|23 September to 6 October 2015||Consultation on provisional decision|
|23 September 2015||Publish provisional decision|
|September to October 2015||Consideration and analysis of written submissions and other evidence|
|14 August 2015||Closing date for invitation to comment|
- This is published in line with the Guidance on the CMA’s approach to the variation and termination of merger monopoly and market undertakings and orders (CMA 11). Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
15 October 2015: Following consultation, the CMA has decided that the Credit Cards (Merchant Acquisition) Order 1990 should be revoked.
- Final decision (15.10.15)
- Revocation order (15.10.15)
- Press release: CMA presses on with remedies removal (15.10.15)
Decision to undertake review
The CMA has decided to conduct a review of whether the Credit Cards (Merchant Acquisition) Order 1990, is no longer appropriate due to a material change of circumstances having occurred and needs to be varied, superseded or removed.
For further information please see:
- Credit Cards (Merchant Acquisition) Order 1990 review decision (14.7.15)
- Press release: CMA launches reviews of old market remedies (14.7.15)
Published: 14 July 2015
Updated: 15 October 2015
Opened: 14 July 2015
Closed: 15 October 2015
- Final decision published.
- First published.