You can change your charity’s registered name or working name online.
- a PDF of the decision (‘resolution’) by your trustees or members to change your charity’s name
- an updated certificate of incorporation showing your new name - if your charity is a company
Before you start
- check that you’ve followed the rules for naming your charity
- update your governing document first if it contains your charity name as a clause
Who can’t use this service
You can’t change your charity’s name online if it is an exempt charity.
In most cases, you’ll need to contact your principal regulator to change your charity’s name.
Contact the Charity Commission instead if one of the following applies:
- you’re not sure who your principal regulator is
- your governing document says you need permission from the Charity Commission to change your name
Call the Charity Commission if you have a problem changing your charity’s name online.
Charity Commission support
Telephone: 0300 066 9197
Monday to Friday, 10am to midday and 1pm to 3pm
Find out about call charges