You can apply to change your charity’s governing document.

Start now

Before you start

You must:

You’ll need:

  • details of the changes you want to make
  • reasons for the changes
  • the date the changes were accepted by Companies House, if your charity is a company and you already have consent from the Charity Commission

You may be asked to upload your governing document as a PDF as part of the online application.

If your governing document was issued by another organisation

You must get permission for any change (other than changing your charity’s name) if your governing document was issued by another organisation, eg an umbrella body.

If you’re a charitable incorporated organisation or Royal Charter charity

You can’t change your governing document online - read what you should do if you’re a: