Use this service to update your charity’s details, such as the:
- name of the charity
- governing document
- contact details, address or bank account details
You can also use it to ask the Charity Commission for permission to make a change, if your governing document says you need to.
Check who else you need to tell about the change.
If your charity is exempt
You cannot use this service to change a charity’s name or governing document if it’s an exempt charity. Contact your principal regulator instead.
Contact the Charity Commission if either:
- your governing document says you need their permission for the change
- you do not know who your principal regulator is
Tell the Charity Commission online
You’ll need your charity registration number to sign in.
If you’re changing your charity’s name or governing document, you’ll need to upload a PDF of the decision (‘resolution’) to make the change.
You may also need to upload a PDF of your:
- updated certificate of incorporation from Companies House, if your charity is a company and you’re changing its name
- new governing document, if you’re a charitable incorporated organisation
What you need to know
Contact the Charity Commission if you have a problem using the service.
Charity Commission support
Telephone: 0300 066 9197
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges