Book, change or cancel your:
- approved driving instructor (ADI) part 1 theory test
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) enhanced rider scheme trainer theory test
- £81 for an ADI part 1 test
- £66 for a DVSA enhanced rider scheme trainer theory test
There’s a different process to book your ADI part 1 test in Northern Ireland.
Wearing a face covering at your test
In England, you can choose whether or not to wear a face covering at your test.
In Scotland and Wales, you must wear a face covering at your test. If you do not wear one, you must have a good reason, for example:
- you have a physical or mental illness, impairment or disability
- wearing it would cause you severe distress
Wearing glasses does not count as a good reason.
If you cannot wear a face covering in Scotland or Wales
You must call to book your test and say why you cannot wear a face covering. If you do not, and you come to your test without a face covering, your test will be cancelled.
You may not be able to take your test at the test centre of your choice.
DVSA theory test enquiries
email@example.com (for tests up to 3 September)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for tests from 4 September)
Telephone: 0300 200 1122
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Find out about call charges
When you must not go to your test
You must not go to your test if:
- you or someone you live with has coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
- you’re self-isolating because you recently entered the UK
Change your theory test appointment for free if you need to self-isolate on the day of your test.
You need your:
- UK driving licence number
- personal reference number from DVSA
- email address - you have to book by phone if you do not have one
- credit or debit card