Book your approved driving instructor (ADI) part 1 test, large goods vehicle (LGV) instructor test or register of post-test motorcycle trainers (RPMT) test.
The Driving Standards Agency (DSA) and Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) have merged to form the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
Start now on the theory test booking service
- your driving licence number
- your personal reference number from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- an email address for your booking confirmation to be sent to - if you don’t have an email address you can’t book online
- £90 for an ADI part 1 test
- £66 for an LGV instructor theory test
- £66 for an RPMT theory test
Help with your booking
Call DVSA if you have any problems booking your theory test online.
DVSA booking support
Telephone: 0300 200 11 22
Textphone: 0300 200 11 66
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Find out about call charges.
You can read the Data Protection Act 1998 fair processing notice for DVSA before you start.
There’s a different process to book your ADI part 1 test in Northern Ireland.
- Takes around 10 minutes
- Not available in Northern Ireland
- Debit or credit card required