Apply for a Women's Land Army or Women's Timber Corps veterans badge

You can get the veterans badge if you are a veteran of either the Women’s Land Army (WLA) or the Women’s Timber Corps (WTC).


You’ll get the badge if you served during World War 1 or World War 2, or at any time up until the corps were disbanded in 1950.

You can apply for a badge if you are the spouse or family member of a deceased veteran, but only if they died after 6 December 2007 (when the badge was issued).

How to apply

Fill in the WLA and WTC veterans badge application form.

You’ll need to give your date of birth, approximate dates of service in the WLA or WTC, and the location at which you (or your family member or spouse) were stationed.

Send your form by email or post to Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

Women’s Land Army Team
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
2nd Floor
Seacole Building
2 Marsham Street

After you’ve applied

You’ll receive your badge within 4 weeks or you’ll be contacted if you need to provide more information.