You can apply online for a UK visa to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner already in the UK.
You must apply in person if you’re from Cuba or North Korea.
Start now on the Visa4UK website
First check if you need a UK visa and find out what documents you’ll need.
You must be outside the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man to apply for your visa.
You’ll need to:
- register for an account
- fill in the application form in English
- pay for the visa fee online (in most cases)
- print out your form
- book and attend an appointment at a visa application centre
You also need to:
- have all the supporting documents you need for your visa
- translate any supporting documents and include them with the originals if they aren’t in English
You may need to get a TB test, depending on where you’re applying from - check if you need a TB test.
Attending an appointment
Check where your appointment will be before you apply - it may be in a different country.
How long it takes
Find out how long it will take to get your visa.
You can save your application form and finish it later once you’ve registered.
- Takes around 30 minutes
- Includes offline steps
- Email address required