You can apply online for a:
- UK visa - to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner in the UK
- certificate of entitlement to prove your right of abode in the UK
You must be outside the the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
Before you apply
First check what kind of visa to apply for and what documents you’ll need.
When you apply online you need to:
- fill in the application form in English
- pay the visa fee online (in most cases)
- print out your form
- book an appointment at a visa application centre
You can save your application form and finish it later.
Apply on the Visa4UK service for most visas.
If you’re in China, India, Russia, Belarus, Benin, Nigeria, South Africa or Turkey
You can apply using the new service for these visas only:
- Standard Visitor visa
- Marriage Visitor visa
- Permitted Paid Engagement visa