Apply online for a UK visa to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner (eg spouse) already in the UK. Or use this service to apply for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode in the UK.
You must apply in person if you’re from North Korea.
Use the new beta service if you’re in China and applying for a general, child or business visit visa.
如果您是位于中国, 您可尝试使用我们全新的服务(测试版)申请普通访问类签证, 儿童访问类签证, 或商务访问签证。
Start now on the Visa4UK website
Before you start
You must be outside the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man to apply for your visa.
You need to:
- register for an account
- fill in the application form in English
- pay for the visa fee online (in most cases)
- print out your form
- book and attend an appointment at a visa application centre
- have the original and a photocopy of all the supporting documents you need for your visa
- translate any supporting documents and include them with the originals if they aren’t in English
Check what kind of UK visa to apply for to find out what supporting documents you’ll need.
Tuberculosis (TB) test
You may need to get a TB test, depending on where you’re applying from - check if you need a TB test.
Attending an appointment
Check where your appointment will be before you apply - it may be in a different country.
How long it takes
Find out how long it will take to get your visa.
You can save your application form and finish it later once you’ve registered.