Apply to start qualifying as an approved driving instructor (ADI) online.
Start now on the Department for Transport website
The online service is available from 6am to 11:30pm.
You will need:
- your driving licence number
- your criminal record disclosure number, and the date it was produced (unless you’ve been told not to get one yet)
- details of any motoring or non-motoring offences, and disqualifications from driving
- details of any court cases being brought against you
Help with your application
Email the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) if you have any problems applying online.
There’s a different process to apply to become an ADI in Northern Ireland.
- Takes around 15 minutes
- Not available in Northern Ireland