You can apply for a new tax disc up to 2 months in advance, if you’re going to be abroad before your current tax disc runs out.
Apply to DVLA Swansea, SA99 1DZ.
What you’ll need
You’ll need to send:
- your Registration Certificate (V5C)
- a letter from you explaining why you’re applying in advance
- a filled-in form V10 or V85 for Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs)
- an MOT or Goods Vehicle Testing (GVT) certificate (if you need one for your vehicle), which must be valid when the new tax disc starts
- the payment for your vehicle tax (by cheque, postal order or banker’s draft payable to ‘DVLA Swansea’)