- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 11 May 2017
- Date of occurrence:
- 20 December 2016
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Reims Cessna F172N Skyhawk
- White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire
Failure of the right landing gear leg, White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire, 20 December 2016.
Shortly after landing, the right mainwheel assembly detached from the landing gear leg. The failure occurred as a result of a fatigue crack in the landing gear leg that initiated at the position where a screw in the wheel fairing had made contact with the leg.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 11 May 2017
Date of occurrence: 20 December 2016