- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 11 May 2017
- Date of occurrence:
- 23 August 2016
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Alpi Aviation Pioneer 400
- Thruxton Aerodrome, Hampshire
Landing gear collapsed on landing, Thruxton Aerodrome, Hampshire, 23 August 2016.
On returning to the airfield the landing gear was selected down but did not lock down. The landing gear was recycled but would still not lock down. After touchdown, the landing gear legs collapsed. The failure of the gear to lock down was attributed to a bent nose gear screwjack extension rod.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 11 May 2017
Date of occurrence: 23 August 2016