Police and crime commissioners

Contact your police and crime commissioner (PCC) to make a suggestion or a complaint about how your local area is policed.

PCCs are elected to make sure that local police meet the needs of the community. Contact your local PCC about:

  • how your area is policed
  • the police budget
  • the amount of Council Tax charged for the police
  • the information you get about what the local police are doing

Become a PCC

The next PCC elections will be in May 2021. You’ll be able to register as a candidate closer to the election.

Complain about your PCC

To complain about your PCC, contact your local police and crime panel – your local council will provide contact details.

If you think your PCC has broken the law, the panel will refer your case to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC). You can also contact the IOPC directly.

Telephone: 0300 020 0096
Minicom: 020 7404 0431
Fax: 020 7404 0430
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges