The Science and Innovation Network is based in 28 countries/territories around the world. We engage with the local science & innovation community in support of UK policy overseas and also create strategic relationships to harness the value of science & innovation discoveries and investments overseas, leading to mutual UK and host-country benefits.
Science and innovation underpin the economies of both the Czech Republic and the UK. Encouraging work between the two countries therefore produces benefits for both. Research and knowledge is increasingly developed and transferred through international collaboration which provides opportunities to work with the best in the world, exchange students and researchers, and gain access to large scale international facilities; leading to mutual benefits for the UK and the Czech Republic.
To promote international collaboration, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office jointly fund the UK Science and Innovation Network (SIN), based in 31 countries around the world. For further information, please visit the SIN report page, which gives a brief introduction to the broad variety of areas the SIN supports.
The Science & Innovation Section at the British Embassy in Prague aims to promote Science and Innovation co-operation between the UK and the Czech Republic and to facilitate technology transfer and innovation. For an introductory brief which covers the local Science and Innovation landscape, UK priorities and successes in the Czech Republic, read the UK Science and Innovation Network Country Snapshot.
Science and Innovation in the Czech Republic
SIN Czech Republic work to the following global objectives:
- Influence science and innovation policies of the Czech Republic governments, industry and academia to benefit the UK;
- Improve UK policy based on international experience and emerging opportunities and challenges with the Czech Republic
- Stimulate strategic science collaborations with the Czech Republic to benefit the UK and deliver wider policy goals
- Harness the Czech Republic’s international technology partnerships and investment to grow UK innovation capability.
The Section focuses on the following priority sectors:
- Biomedical sciences
- Technology transfer and innovation
- European research programmes
- Advanced materials and industries
The main partners of the S&I Section are government departments, parliamentary and devolved institutions, public sector bodies, universities, research and trade organisations, and industry. The Embassy also co-operates closely with the British Council on the popularisation of Science and Innovation.
Contact details for SIN Czech Republic team
Dr Otakar Fojt
118 00 Prague 1
Telephone: +420 257 402 315
Mobile: +420 737 289 545