Complaints procedure

Comments and complaints about the British Embassy in Warsaw.

We welcome your views on the support we provide. They will help us to identify what we do well and what we could do better. If you wish to comment, complain or make a suggestion about the British Embassy’s services, please write to:

Deputy Head of Mission
Sarah Tiffin
British Embassy
ul. Kawalerii 12
00-468 Warsaw

All complaints will be investigated. A reply will be sent within two weeks and where this is not possible, we shall send you a brief interim response explaining why. The sooner we know about any difficulties you may be encountering, the sooner we can help put them right.

Comments and complaints about the Consular Section in Warsaw

¡If you are not satisfied with the service you received from our Consular Staff and wish to make a complaint then please write to the following address:

HM Consul
British Embassy
Consular Section
ul. Kawalerii 12
00-468 Warsaw

(The envelope and letter should be marked “Personal”).

If the complaint refers to the HM Consul personally, then please write to the Ambassador:

HM Ambassador
British Embassy
ul. Kawalerii 12
00-468 Warsaw

You can also write directly to the FCO Director of Consular Services at the address below to have your complaint fully investigated under the FCO procedure:

Consular Directorate
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Old Admiralty Building
Spring Gardens

Phone: +44 (0) 20 7008 1500 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7008 0152 E-mail:

In your complaint you should provide:

  • a clear name and contact details
  • a clear description of your complaint with as much details as possible including the date of the incident

We will investigate your complaint fully. The investigation will be carried out by a member of staff who is not directly connected to your case or to your complaint. This person will usually be senior to any officer who a complaint has been made against.

We will do our best to give you a full reply within 20 working days. If we cannot give you a full reply within this time, we will tell you when we expect to do so.

We will record and examine complaints, and use the information to make sure we offer the best possible help and support.

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can write directly to either a Foreign Officer Minister or your Member of Parliament (MP), asking them to raise your complaint with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

If you have made your complaint through your MP and are still not happy with the reply that we have given, you can contact the Parliamentary Ombudsman (also called the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration). The Ombudsman will normally only consider cases relating to “maladministration” (that is, poor administration or applying rules incorrectly). There are more details about this on the Parliamentary Ombudman’s website